Thursday, January 10, 2008

Year in Review

2007 was the first year I have successfully kept a reading log for the entire year, and I'm sure my public would be anxious to know the totals. Well, this isn't the Oscars, so I'll skip straight to the final catergory: 21,944 pages read. I feel like that's not bad, though, of course, I have no previous numbers to compare it to. It is at least close to the most I've read in a year, though I can't be sure. A further breakdown:

54 total books read, plus Ruth through Galatians in the Protestant Bible
14 books by Stephen King
9 Left Behind novels
12 Dean Koontz books
4 Peter Benchley novels
6 Aldous Huxley books
2 Fyodor Dostoevsky books (one short novel and one collection)
1 Jack Kerouac novel
and a smattering of other stuff

I am starting 2008 by continuing with these authors, with the exception of Left Behind, which I have thankfully left behind. I hope to at least double the amount of authors I am reading, as well as possibly finish up Benchley this year. And, of course, I hope to have a bigger total in 2008 than 2007.

1 comment:

KH said...

Just because I like stats...

It took you about 6.75 days to read each book.

You read just over 60 pages a day. (Holy crap.)